Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fight for your time with Him

This past week was a total nightmare for me. For those that know me personally, know I don't usually complain about much. I guess you could say, I sort of complained a lot last week. I was on the verge of {let's be honest} cutting someone. I was all sorts of frustrated and hostile. Anyone and EVERYONE and EVERYTHING was on my nerves. Anything sent me over the edge, screaming kids, fighting kids, demanding husbands, house chores. I was a wretch to be around.

This weekend we had the opportunity to get out of town. A last minute trip. I don't know how all the plans worked out as smoothly as they did (especially after my week) but we were able to enjoy a two day get-a-way to Pismo Beach, Ca. I can only believe it was a God thing. He made all those prior plans and commitments just fall off our schedule. I spent the majority of my days sitting in the sand...breathing. I needed that weekend and God knew it!

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

A few months back I purchased this book to start with my kids. During our coastal vacation we were a little behind on devotions. When we returned July 1st really spoke to me.
"Fight for your time with me"
God, we come into your Temple. There we think about your love. Psalm 48:9
 
Drat! I had did it again. Allowed myself to get sucked into worrying about everyone else.
Taking care of everyone else's needs.
 
"Soak in MY presence as you would soak in a warm bathtub. Let My Love surround you and seep into your soul-giving you new energy. And let all your worries swirl away."
 
Soak in a bath tub, ain't nobody got time for that. The kids are screaming and fighting.
 
"You need to spend time alone with me-so I can get the tangles our of your thoughts and smooth out the day for you."
 
Spend time alone...the kids are killing each other. If I blink one will try to kill the other.
 
"Sometimes you will have to fight your own wish to stay in bed...You'll have to say "not right now" to friends"
 
My face right now is indescribable.
 
Fight for your time with me.
 
That is what I hadn't been doing the whole week. I honestly don't think I really got into the word...at all. Other then bible study. Nothing on my own time and leisure reading. I hadn't been taking the time to pray each morning, like I should. I wish I could say the "Super Moon" and heat made me irritable. But the fact is, it was my own doing. I allowed myself to let people and everyday life get to me. I became weak. I was not a fighter.
 
My point of today's post. I am NOT perfect. But I do recognize when things go wrong, I realize I can not correct the people who irritate me but I can correct my reactions. It all starts with a bended knee.
I am always amazed at how God speaks to your heart. Today it was through my children's devotional. 
 
Fight for your time with him and know that he will give you the victory.
Victory of the mind, heart and soul.
 
 

Deuteronomy 33:12 New International Version (NIV)

12 About Benjamin he said:
 
“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment