Thursday, February 6, 2014

Believing God

I have started reading an amazing book by Beth Moore called, Believing God. At its core, Beth challenges us how not only to believe IN God, but to believe God. I never thought about the difference but the further I read, the more I realize my faith has a lot of growing to do. As I've wrote before, I deal with anxiety... the kind where I think a lot about the "what-ifs" of life; I have dwelt on the tiniest symptoms in my body and thought the worst things. I feel much more comfortable when I'm in control. I like to plan ahead and dislike when the plan changes. I fear when my life takes an unplanned turned.

But how does God feel when I take control of everything? What am I missing out on if I'm so focused on my plan instead of God's? Why is my faith in such a BIG God, so little? God has so many amazing plans for me in this life. Because He loves me and wants to see His will fulfilled in my life.

In this book I have been challenged in my faith. Oh, how I have misunderstood and underestimated my God. A God who loves, cherishes, and forgives me. A God who has an Earthly Promised Land that He wants me to reach. I want to share with you this book as I go along, so that maybe your faith might increase. So that you may believe God and take Him at His Word. Here are some of my favorite lines from Beth Moore's book that I have read and reread. Please ponder them in your heart.

"Beloved, God has made us promises. Real ones. Numerous ones. Promises of things like all-surpassing power, productivity, peace, and joy while still occupying these jars of clay. Few of us will argue the theory, but why aren't more of us living the reality?"

"God promised us a place of blessing. God's willingness and unwavering desire to bless His people is one of the most repetitive concepts in both testaments of His Word. He is the Giver of all good gifts and greatly exults when a child cooperates enough to receive some."

"Beloved, our personalized lands of earthly promise are places we're invited by God to dwell in Christ. It's high time we stopped dropping in and started taking up residency."


1 comment:

  1. I just love how Beth Moore challenge me to take a closer look at my walk with the Lord. I will definitely check out this book.

    ReplyDelete