Wednesday, April 9, 2014

There's God

I have been wanting to write this post for a while now and have been a little timid because it can be a touchy subject. But here I go! :]

I think many you would agree that lately there has been a lot going on in our world. So many shootings, crime, natural disaster, disease, cancer, etc. It seems never ending. There is always something that seems to be going on in our lives and those around us. I am with you there! But lately I have been reading One Thousand Gifts and God has been touching my heart and showing me the beauty he put on Earth and in people. Yes, there is still A LOT of hurt and pain going on but there is even more beauty in God, His creation, and His love. I got to go outside today and sit on the cement by our pool in sweat pants and a tshirt, sun shining on my skin for the first time in what seems like FOREVER. And in northern Indiana that is a gift :] Considering we spend 75% of our lives under cloud cover here and haven't been able to go outside without freezing for about 6 months!! But I'm not complaining about the lack of sun and warmth, I just enjoy them more when they are around!

To my point... God is blessing us every day ladies! I know there are hard things going on in each of our lives but he desperately wants us to connect with him and see his beauty. Join with me and looking for those specs of beauty, specs of light in our seemingly dark world!


Today mine were sitting outside, seeing spring flowers starting to grow(pardon the fence that got in the photo... :] ), and having a day off work!!! When I took a moment to pause and look at what God wanted me to see, I could appreciate what he was giving me! How about you? have you paused today and seen your blessings?:]

Also I just want to say again I know many of you are going through rough times and this post is not meant to hurt you or make you feel guilty but to help you to know God is still there for you and he still loves you! If there are any of you reading this that need prayer and are having a hard time right now, who aren't able to see God's blessings and you would like someone to pray for you please feel free to comment on this post or contact us on Facebook we would like to pray for you!
 

Thanks be to God for His gifts!
2 Corinthians 9:15


God Bless and have a great rest of the week:]

1 comment: