Wednesday, May 14, 2014

God's Plans far Exceed the Circumstances of the Day

Have you ever heard someone say that the enemy always attacks harder on this things we are working on?

This has been such a reality for me over the past week or so! Going through the study Unglued I have been trying to grasp how I react in certain situations, those unglued moments. And as I have been working through these moments it seems the enemy is just trying to make it even harder on me.

This happens all the time. Not just with me but with everyone. You start trying to work on things in your life and it seems to get harder with every step you make. This is the enemy. He wants us to feel alone and uncomfortable and sad and worn out. 

The reality is though that God is making head way in our lives. Chiseling away the yuck for us to become even better and more like him! 

He has such great plans for us. This is one of my favorite verses because it applies to every area of life and my boyfriend lovingly reminded me of it yesterday.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."   Jeremiah 29:11

And sometimes those plans are a little scary but Yahweh knows far more than we do and he has a reason and a plan for everything that goes on in our lives. After all the struggles are done we will look back and see some of the amazing work he does through us even in the midst of hardship. We have such a loving, merciful Lord! Let us praise him for the good and the hard because no matter what He's got our backs!


No comments:

Post a Comment