Monday, November 4, 2013

Chosen

I just finished reading Heaven is for Real. I have had it on my nightstand or on my book shelf for years. I kept putting books in front of it. But finally just last week I picked it up. And I picked it up at the perfect time. My kids are around the age that Colton made a trip to heaven. I could relate to some of the points his father was making in the book that not just any 3-4 year old would know this stuff. 

As I sat in church yesterday morning our sermon was over being chosen. 

I am chosen. You are chosen. We ALL are chosen. 

Then the kicker, not all choose to accept Him. 
Why? I find this so hard to wrap my mind around sometimes. Why does it make so much sense to me, but not the person next to me? Why did I choose to accept Him but not this other person? Why me? Why not them? Why God?

And then I get emotional. Tears flow to my eyes, I want them to go to heaven too.

I caught a glimpse through Colton's 4 year old's eyes of what heaven is like. Of course we read about it in the Bible, but when a 4 year old describes it, I can fully picture it & it really makes you think even more about going to heaven. 

1 Peter 2:9 -- But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.

Remember, we are all chosen. We are all chosen to belong to God. Will you make that choice today & everyday? Always remember to pray for those who struggle to accept this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment