Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A healthy start to a New Year...seduction free

We have made it to the end of the year. By the time it is my turn to write next week we will already be in 2013. *insert jaw drop* I can not even begin to tell you how fast this year went...of course you probably feel that way to. My life has changed so much this last year. Relationships came and went...new ones were made. I started seeing Gods true plan for my life and not just what I wanted for myself. I am so excited to see what is in store for my family and I in the upcoming year.

With the New Year we all make crazy resolutions. I do it...last year some of my resolutions were far out of my reach...or patience I should say. IE: learing to sew...blah. This year I am making resolutions worth keeping.

Being a Christian we are faced with so many radical attacks from Satan to seduce our minds. Put poison in our lives and pull us off track. My 1 and only resolution this year is,
 Seduce proof my life!
I will not give the enemy any ammunition to use against me.
 

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (NIV)

23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

I want to be sanctified through and through. Mind, body and soul. Remain blameless. Not allowing Satan the opportunity to bring deception in my life. The only way to achieve this is thought Christ.



1 Thessalonians 5:16-25 (NIV)

16 Be happy [in your faith] and rejoice and be glad-hearted continually (always);
17 Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly];
18 Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].
19 Do not quench (suppress or subdue) the [Holy] Spirit;
20 Do not spurn the gifts and utterances of the prophets [do not depreciate prophetic revelations nor despise inspired instruction or exhortation or warning].
21 But test and prove all things [until you can recognize] what is good; [to that] hold fast.
22 Abstain from evil [shrink from it and keep aloof from it] in whatever form or whatever kind it may be.
23 And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
24 Faithful is He Who is calling you [to Himself] and utterly trustworthy, and He will also do it [fulfill His call by hallowing and keeping you].
25 Brethren, pray for us.

So for 2013, my resolutions are:
Rejoice Always..be happy in my faith. That is the reason why we have it right?
Abstain from evil..man on man, looks like there is some weeding to do in my life. AMEN? Rid myself of those things that are toxic and are only tools of seduction. I want my heart and eyes heaven bound. (TV shows, music, relationships) God gives us the power to stray from evil by being happy. Nothing will make you happier then a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. We wont be tempted to allow evil in our life if we are happy.
Unceasing in prayer..perpetual open line of communication with God throughout the entire day. Live every moment as if he were RIGHT THERE! After all he is isn't he? I don't know about you but this is a major one for me.
Be thankful and give thanks..Live in active gratitude. Don't we expect our kids to be thankful? Well so does God. Living with the heart of dissatisfaction is a stronghold. Satan will use that as a tool of seduction.
Don't quench the Spirit..don't put out Gods fire in my life with other areas of deception. Anger, Rage, Lusts. All of which are Satan's own fire starters. All of those are destructive...Gods Holy fire is LIFE.
Do not despise instruction..avoid second guessing God. Second guessing can lead to a missed blessing. Be alert to Godly influences in my life. God put them there.
Test and prove all things..through repetition and spiritual exercise. Learning to prove all things, coming into an agreement with God.
Allow God to sanctify me through and through..I want God to invade my space. Nothing withheld from him, no mind or heart limits. All of it is his. Surrendering myself for Gods safekeeping.


I hope I haven't lost you in all the color combos and highlighting. These verses are so strong in my heart. I had to share. I pray that you will add these to your New Years resolutions. 2013 is going to be the year of the believer. How many hearts will be won to Christ just by the way we live OUR lives?



 

 
Andrea


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment