Monday, July 22, 2013

Characteristics of a Christian Woman: Humble

Humility. To be humble. What does this mean to you? When I hear this word I automatically think Jesus. It's one of my favorite characteristics to try to mimic of His.

I think the world looks at humility as... Let me just stand here & I will let you walk all over me. But again - what the world views is not the same as what God views.

Humble.

To put one owns interest below another. To put someone else before you.

James 4:6 -- God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.

When I see this verse I can't help to think, God wants us to be proud of ourselves still right? But in a humble matter. Not to boast in our achievements but to be humble giving thanks to the Lord that has provided it all to be possible.

2 Chronicles 7:14 -- If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves & pray & seek my face & turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven & will forgive their sin.

God tells us to humble ourselves. Humble ourselves before Him. Open up to Him! Pray to him!! Seek him!!

1 Peter 5:5 -- All of you, clothe yourself in humility toward one another.

God doesn't want us to humble ourselves to Him, but to those around us. In our day to day life. We should strive to be servants of others because Christ is our biggest servant.

When you hear the word humility, I hope you too begin to think of Jesus. Jesus put every single person before Himself. Every. Single. Person. People that He did not know yet, people that He would never meet. People generations & generations, us. That He is yet to physically meet, but He knew we would exist. He knew the humble thing He was supposed to do for ALL of us.

The most humble thing anyone could ever do for us, is die on that cross for all of us & all of our sins so we can LIVE.

The least we can do is mimic Him.

I challenge you today, put someone before you today. Put their needs way above yours. But above all put His needs & desires for our lives first. Seek Him.
Be humble. Think more of Jesus today. And others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment