Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How to make an easy pallet flag

 
I can't believe it's almost the 4th of July! Time is flying.
 
Here is my super easy tutorial on how to make a pallet flag.
 
I made this one for an outdoor garden area but it can also be used inside too for décor!
 
One of these suckers retails for $125 at a local shop. Might I say rip off?
 
Why pay that much when you can spend NOTHING if you have everything already or under $10 to purchase some supplies...
 
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED...
 
1 pallet (I'll be sharing later how to cut up a pallet) Also I found my pallet on the side of the road
2 D rings for hanging
1 can of white spray paint walmart brand $1
1 can blue spray paint walmart brand $1
1 can red spray paint walmart brand $1
a star stencil or silhouette machine to make one
white craft paint
small paint brush
painting tape
 
start with your cut up pieces of pallet. I actually only used 6 slats.
 
spray paint red & white. 3 red and 3 white starting with red
 
cut 2 side pieces of the pallet and then place under the painted pallet slats and nail each board to the 2x4 slats. 6 nails on each side. After all 12 nails are in screw the 2 D rings onto the 2 2x4s. So one D ring for each side for hanging.
 
If you need help understanding check out my detailed reclaimed fence board sign tutorial
 
tape off 3 slats and make a square. spray paint with blue
 
I didn't get a pic of that sorry.
 
Then take your stencil or silhouette and trace a star circle with a pen.
 
Then I used a small paint brush and painted in the stars.
 
Let it dry and you are done!!
 
 
Perfect for the 4th of July or any day in your garden!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment