Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tis the Season #2

This is the time of year for giving. I absolutely love to give to others but sometimes don't know what to give or how much to spend. Many times this year I have heard one gift that can mean a lot to someone and it doesn't take very much money to do so!!

1) Be giving of your time. Is there a friend or family member you haven't seen in awhile that would like to catch up with you and just spend some quality time with you? I think especially of older people during this season. Is there anyone you can give your time to?  Christmas can be very overwhelming with all the preparation and decorating. If you aren't feeling so overwhelmed yourself, maybe you can help someone who is!! This is one way that I personally love to give. I enjoy helping others bake and decorate. :]

Maybe the person you are thinking of lives too far away and you cannot go see them or you just don't have the time to make the journey or maybe money is already scarce after buying gifts and you cannot afford to go see who you would like to. So instead here is an idea...

2) Write your friends and loved ones encouraging letters. It could be short or long. Just take the time to slow down and write. Tell them what has been going on, ask how they are, encourage them, tell them what they mean to you or how you are thinking of them. (You could also do this in an email or Christmas card... but since less and less people are doing those... letters are always good too!! After all who doesn't like getting mail?!?!)

I have been hearing these ideas on the radio and in my Bible study this week. Just easy ways that can really brighten someone's Christmas! I know how much I would love getting a letter or a visit from someone I haven't gotten to see in awhile so that is my goal this year! To be giving of my time and my heart:]

Give what you can this season!

2 Corinthians 9:7
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

I am ready for a season of giving:] Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment