Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Diaries of a Mother's Love part 1

As I look back on 2013 my heart is filled with happiness. I welcomed my new daughter into my growing family and there were so many blessing big and small throughout the year.

I also reflect on the things I could've done differently.

To be honest, I wish I would've spent more time with my kids.

2013 was extremely busy for me. Not the working kind but the every day, just added a newborn to the mix kind of life. The hustle and bustle of getting my son to school, running errands, grocery shopping, taking my daughter to ballet, trying keep the house clean and tackle loads of laundry. That left me with, Wow, it's 9:00pm already. Time for bed! Then I did the same thing again the next day.

I am a stay at home mom, but, that doesn't mean I get to sit on the floor and play with my kids all day everyday. Running a house with 3 kids and 2 dogs is a lot of work.

I was so consumed by the everyday life that I didn't stop enough to read more books to them, do crafts and pinterest ideas with them or even just snuggle holding them all while watching a movie.

I wish I would have giggled with them more and cherished moments more often.

The laundry will always be there, there will always be dishes to wash but my kids will NOT be little forever.

Even one year in a child's life makes a huge difference in their little personalities.

They grow up so fast.

So, does all of this make me a bad mother?

Absolutely not. They know I love them and work hard to take care of them.

If it wasn't for God reassuring me that I'm doing enough I might just go crazy.

We can't be super moms. Everything can't always be perfect.

Kids could care less how sparkling the house is or the house is decorated... they care about feeling loved.

If all they remember from their childhood is how much they were loved then I think I'm doing what I need to do.

They don't care about expensive vacations or clothes.

They just want to know their special in Mommy's eyes.

In 2014, I plan to kiss, hug and giggle more with my 3 kids.

That's all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment