Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tis' the Season

As Christmas approaches we can easily become overwhelmed by all the planning and shopping we have to do. This year I have been trying to focus my eyes not on all that I need to accomplish but on WHO we are actually celebrating! Christ! Several phrases have caught my attention and have helped me grow over the past few weeks and I hope they can help you as well!

This first phrase has really hit home to me...


Frustration
is caused by unmet
~EXPECTATIONS~

Woooooow!! So often we become frustrated with the little things of life. As sad as it is to say, a lot of families get frustrated with each other this time of year. Is it because of unmet expectations? So instead of expecting things let's focus on celebrating the most wonderful miracle, Jesus Christ's birth!!

Second...

~Be Strong and Courageous~


Did you know that in the book of Joshua this phrase is used four times in the first chapter alone!!! God said it over and over again because it must have been extremely important. It is for us too! Everyone deserves to hear the good news of Christ coming. My prayer this week is that not only myself but all of you as well, won't shy away from telling others about Jesus! Be strong and Courageous ladies! Even if it is as simple as telling someone you are praying for them or "Merry Christmas, God bless you". Whatever it is do it for the glory of God! I know sometimes it can be intimidating to talk about Jesus with others because we don't want to offend them or turn them away but when we rely on God we can help Him to plant seeds and who knows, maybe even bring another to Christ!!



"The Lord Himself goes before you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Deuteronomy 31:8


No comments:

Post a Comment