Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Inside and Out

This past weekend I went to a youth conference in Fort Wayne, IN. It was for high school and middle schoolers and I was there as a sponsor. Each year the conference has a different theme and this year it was "Inside and Out". The pastor painted a very vivid picture for the kids to kick off a weekend of learning more about God. He used monkey brains!! I know what you are thinking... the pink mush inside a monkeys head! But no!!! It is a fruit!!!






It is almost like a mango or a peach or an orange... but that is on the outside! Wait until you see what's on the inside!





Now I don't know what you are thinking but to me that looks nasty!! But the pastor said it is the best fruit he has ever tasted. It was very sweet with a little bit of a salty flavor to it! What he was getting at with these kids is that our outside may look nice... but what do our insides look like? We all have gunk in our lives, from our past or present. This year it is my goal to let God take that gunk and help me deal with it and I also hope he uses it to teach me things or to even teach others!! There has been so many times where I try and control all the hurts and lies and pains in my life, relying on my own strength. Honestly though... we try to control it and distract ourselves with relationships, addictions, movies, reading, the internet, phones, etc etc etc! I have tried and failed so many times! This year I am going to let go and let God!!

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.


ratingTextUndefined

No comments:

Post a Comment