Wednesday, January 9, 2013

30 Day Marriage Challenge

Friends, today I feel like I need to share with you a fun, challenging idea that I found off of Pinterest.
I shared this with my readers on my personal blog and I have been participating in the challenge myself. I am on day day TWO of the challenge but since I started it Jan 8th...I started on #8. Get what I am saying..?

Some of these ideas or "daily inspirations" may be normal and second nature to you.
We look at it and think...well DUH that is common sense.
But...with all the distractions of social media...TV shows...blogging...and work.
We may fall short in some areas and the person usually suffering is our other half.
God wants our marriages to THRIVE!
I can not think of a better way to make it thrive then to challenge ourselves to put in the effort.

(source)
I can see that I need to work on a few of these...
#1...Ask if he needs help...I always expect HIM to help ME...but why don't I ask if he needs help?
#2 don't correct your husband...well, I know I am right ALL the time...so I guess I can just let things slide.
#8 Date Night...guilty for allowing these to pass by. Be more intentional.
#13 No sarcasm...ouch, it is so easy for me to snap back what I think is "witty humor" when maybe it is hurtful.
#19 & 20. Do not ask for him to do chores and be patient...grumble, okay!
#29 Turn off your electronics...but I have to know what is going on in Twitter world...who Instagramed what? It is so easy to sit on the sofa next to each other and be so distant because we are wrapped up in social media.
So friends...I am starting this TODAY! January 8th.
I will let you know how I do.
I challenge you to do the same.
Go visit the original site and download the pdf file.
May your marriage/relationship be blessed.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:4 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment