Monday, January 14, 2013

I just can't help the way that I am

It's been a few weeks since I wrote about my "Fix Me" posts #1 & #2. I have had more insight on it in a Bible Study I've been doing with my sister.

You ever hear someone say or have you ever said... "I can't help the way that I am." or "It's that time of the month." or "I was raised this way, I don't know any different." or just flat out "I don't know any better."

I know I have fallen into those sayings before. Sometimes I literally feel like I can't help it.

Most likely you have 2 choices to chose from - listen to God or listen to the devil. Obey or sin. Speak of love or speak hate.

Romans 8:13 -- Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to Him as instruments of righteousness. 

The truth is, you can. If you are a believer in Christ, you can.

He gave you the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:17 -- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Galatians 5:16 -- So I say, live by the Spirit, & you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

Just remember the next time you speak negatively to someone because they have wronged you, you are responsible for your actions and in Christ you can do all things. Obey Him and that person that did you wrong, speak love to them. Let Christ shine through you.



No comments:

Post a Comment