Monday, January 7, 2013

When God Should Fix My Problems

As a Christian.. I think this comes up a lot. God should fix my problems.

I think that it's a lie that often crosses believers & even non believers minds.

Believers may get trapped into this bondage of thinking that because they are a Christian & have accepted Christ... God should automatically fix their problems.

Nonbelievers may start to assume that just because those that are Christians, they do not have problems because God has fixed them all.

No where in the Bible does it state God is going to make your problems disappear once you accept Christ.

Trials.. God puts you in those situations to mature you. To mature you to glorify Him.

He gives you 2 paths, His path & then your path. It's obvious the path He wants you to take, but yet you sit there & stumble on it because your path seems so... What you want? But what you want isn't ideally what He wants.

He wants YOU and ALL of YOU. He wants you to do HIS plan for your life.

This past week I was faced with an issue that has been coming up in my life for awhile now. It disappears & then it comes back, I am sure we all have those things.

Before I chose to deal with it on my own. Get angry, hold grudges, not forgive. Times when I wasn't close to God.

This week it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Knock knock, guess what, I am back & I am going to attack.

I sat there, I stewed a bit, I complained a bit.. And then I stopped. I thought about what does God want me to do? How does God want me to handle it.. Then I realized, Tiffany I cannot get mad. I immediately got sad. Sad that something isn't right.

See all the times before I chose to deal with it on my own, this time it's God's turn. I am going to sit here, act when He wants me to act, move when He wants me to move, & speak when He wants me to speak.

When I made that decision & told Him, hey God I am literally giving you ALL of this.

Things changed. Immediately.

I will leave you with 2 verses to help you through this, verses that have helped me.

Psalm 46:1 -- God is our refuge & strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 

When we need to escape, He is there. When we are weak He is our strength. When we are in trouble, guess who is right there beside you on YOUR side? God.

Job 23:10 -- But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.

When He gives you tests, don't you want to pass? Don't you want to come out winning? I know I do.



2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for dropping by and following...following you now! Great post, btw! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't I remember to leave it to Him?

    ReplyDelete