Monday, June 3, 2013

"So I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness.."

Ladies I am so excited to be back writing again!! We took a nice long month "off" but spent the lovely time praying over our children. Not that we don't do that always, but we focused on it last month. 

Before I write I spend time praying about what I should write about. As I was spending some quiet time with the Lord while the children napped it came to me.


Weaknesses.

Remember those awesome school or even work assignments you got... List all your strengths & weaknesses. I always dreaded those. Or better yet, when you are sitting there for an interview & they ask you that question.

In my journal I was writing out 2 Corinthians 12:9 & I thought to myself I am actually looking forward to making a ginormous list of weaknesses.. WHY? Oh because God will be there with His power & make me stronger. His power is made perfect in MY weakness. Say what? Yes. Amazing.

So that list I was telling you about... Here are my weakness and definitely not all of them.
  • Confronting issues -- this girl right here hates confrontation, ask my husband.
  • Sharing my faith -- I struggle opening up & being like hey guess what, Jesus is my Lord! And it's not just sharing it, it's more of being courageous to speak Truth to nonbelievers.
  • Handling finances -- now, we pay all all our bills, that is not the issue.. the issue is overspending on things I don't need. Like 8 maxi skirts. 
  • Walking in faith consistently -- not just whenever it's convenient for me. When I go on vacation it's like I also go on biblecation. I think God will pick up with me when I get back. Um nope, He's there with me along the way. I need to be committed in those times out of the norm.
  • Resisting temptation -- what can I say? I give into peer pressure sometimes, ie. those 8 maxi skirts because I can't live without them... Right.
  • Trusting God with His plan & ditching my own plan 
  • Sticking up for myself -- who is a pushover? This girl.
  • Debt -- Hello student loans, I would love to say goodbye to you at any point.
And literally this list could go on.. And on.. And on... But I will stop here for now. 

I am here today to tell you...

I encourage you to get our your journal or a notebook or an index card or even what you write your groceries on.. Make a list of your weaknesses. Pray over them. Ask for God to help you through them. Trust that He WILL be the power in those. 

Father, I just pray that our weaknesses as women are not hindering us from being who you want us to be. I pray that You will be the Lord in their life to reign Your almighty power over their weaknesses. Allow these ladies to trust in You to overcome their weaknesses. AMEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment