Friday, September 20, 2013

Guest Post - God's Perfect Timing

Hi all!  this is Julie... I'm spending some much needed time with my family in Kentucky this week so you all have the priveledge of hearing from one of Girl's of God's Heart's favorite guests, Sybil!  Enjoy!

Hello, friends! My name is Sybil and I blog at Peace it all Together
I am a wife, mother, and follower of Christ. My blog centers around my family and my faith, and how I search for peace and balance in the everyday. My passion is to share encouragement with and inspire others. I hope you are both encouraged and inspired by this post.
***
Time. It is something I never seem to have enough of. Something I try to manage down to the last second, just to maximize it. This is why I prefer to go to Target at 8am on my weekday off instead of at 3pm on Sunday afternoon. Or, why I am often checking my email in between seeing students at work. Lately I have heard, read or experienced things that have caused me to think more about God's timing. His timing is always perfect. He never gets it wrong. All through scripture, you see phrases like, "at the time I have planned" or "when the time is right" and "at just the right time." A couple of weeks ago, I found myself discouraged with my Bible reading. I was so behind in my reading plan and felt like a failure. I was supposed to be leading a group of women through the Bible and I couldn't even keep up with the reading. Despite being discouraged, I continued reading. I was amazed at how what I was reading, the passages I should have read weeks before, were just the ones I needed, THAT day. Not the day or week before, but that day. It didn't matter what day I read the passage, God still spoke to me. God's timing is faultless. I read a post by a friend on Facebook recently. She described a near-miss accident she had experienced. She had been waiting at a stop light. When the light turned green, and it was her turn to go, her car stalled. She could not move. Just at that moment, a semi-truck ran the red light, speeding through the intersection. Had my friend's car not stalled, she would have been hit by the truck. God's timing is without flaw. Several months ago, there were many stories circulating after the bombing at the Boston Marathon of people who "should have" been at the finish line when the bombs went off, based on their typical race time or pace. So, why did they slow their pace? Because, it was God's timing, not theirs. His timing is free from error. Everything in our life runs under God's time. But, it is in those odd or surreal experiences where we seem to recognize it the most. Have you ever had any of these types of experiences, which can only be explained by God's pure and best-suited plan? Email me your stories, here.
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time...He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end. - Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment