Friday, October 11, 2013

Easy Fall Gift Jars



Want a quick and easy gift for a teacher, friend, neighbor, favorite kiddo or even a party favor for your halloween party??  Look no further!  These mason jars are the perfect way to package a sweet little gift!

I found these jars for $1.49 each at Michael's craft store.  I already had the burlap and ribbon on hand.  The spider rings are from the Halloween section at Target.  You can fill yours with whatever you want... I chose candy corn, candy pumpkins and peanut butter M&M's in Halloween colors for one jar, and socks from the dollar section at Target with candy corn for the other.


 (Notice the candy bags are NOT full... It took me several days to get to my crafting after I bought the candy and, well, I couldn't keep my hands off of it!!)

For the candy jar I simply cut a circle from the burlap a little larger than the lid and tied it on with my orange ribbon.  I then stuck the spider ring on for a little extra bling.



Tada!  I love how it turned out!


For the sock jar I added a couple of handfuls of candy corn to the jar first, then rolled up the socks and stuck them in.  I added a little more candy corn around the socks as a filler.  I used a twist tie to hold together the ribbon design on top of the lid but it felt a little naked with just the ribbon so... I added some glue and glitter!  If it sparkles I'm happy :)  I used hot glue to attach the ribbon and voila!  I may like this one even better (I think I like cute socks even more than candy).




2 comments: