Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Scraped Knees and Broken Hearts

 
As a mother, it's hard not to notice other mother/child relationships. The way they interact with one another. How they show love. How they talk to each other. Most the time I see other mommies loving and playing with their kids or talking silly. Makes my heart happy.

Then there are the other ones. I say "other" ones as in "grumpy" moms. I am NOT judging because we all have our moments of being pushed over the edge. Irritated, kids push our buttons, we;re tired and kids are acting up. You usually see these grumpy moms at stores ect. Remember, I AM NOT JUDGING! We all know eachother feels!

BUT, when I see mothers continually, week after week, being rude, mean, make your child feel stupid....it's NOT ok.

I see one specifically. Yelling at their 4 year old daughter.

 Week after week I watch them. Same things always occur. Mom is beyond irritated. Putting the little girl down. She doesn't enjoy the moments and she never expresses that she's proud of her daughter. Other moms around along with myself, compliment our girls, tell them they are doing a great job, they are pretty and show how proud we are. Then there is the other mom. "Hurry up and do this. Get over here! Hurry and change! If you don't stop then we're going home because I'm tired. I don't have time for this. I have better things to do." SAD! Makes my heart sad.

Yes we all have our moments. But this has been every week. I'm not judging because I don't know her or her life. But I'm praying for her and their relationship.

It's good to be reminded how precious our daughters are. How they need their self esteem boosted. They want to feel like a princess. They want to feel pretty and that they are loved and wanted.

As  women we want to feel the same. So let's treat our daughters like we want to be treated. Let's rethink how we interact and how much time we really spend investing in them. Teaching them how a woman is supposed to act and how others are to treat her.  Manners and sweetness. Let's think about what we really say to them.

I want the best for my daughter. I want her to not go through things that I did and learn from my mistakes. I want the fairytale ending for my baby. I want what GOD wants for her the most.
 
She is precious, beautiful and unique in the eyes of the Lord.
 
No one was created like her.
 
Her little giggle, smile and the way she sings... it's precious.
 
 
We love them with all of hearts so let's make the extra effort to show them because one day they won't be running to us for scraped knees but for broken hearts.

And you best believe I will be there for both.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment