Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Romans 12:3-8

Romans 12: 3-8
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the faith  God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith. If it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Have you ever thought about what your spiritual gifts may be? The bible only lists several of many that we may have! I am so thankful that each of us has a different gift to help the body of Christ. We are all woven together in God's beautiful, intricate blanket. Each of us helping another!

One of my spiritual gifts is the gift of encouragement, which I have recently found out. I love to send encouragement through the mail. Snail mail!! I know how wonderful it feels to get mail and I always hope that I can help brighten someone's day through that! I just bought 200 cards today and I am very excited to start sending them out!!



Remember that God created you different than anyone else. Your spiritual gifts are different from mine and your friends and your family! You are unique and beautifully and wonderfully made. 

Even if encouragement isn't your best spiritual gift, how can you encourage someone today? Smile at them? Give a compliment? Pray with or for someone? Encourage someone today the way you most like to be encouraged:]



No comments:

Post a Comment