Monday, October 14, 2013

The best 365 days

Last year on October 13, 2012 I set out on a mission to read the Bible in a year. 

Saturday October 12, 2013 I finished the Bible. 
This has been a life changing year. 

Reading the Bible in a year seems like a challenge for EVERYONE. I mean it took me 7 years after I became a Christian to actually do it. It was something I prayed to God for Him to make me accountable because there was no one else doing it with me. And He made me accountable. 

2 things I recommend.. Do it when you are ready. Not January 1st, but tomorrow, or the next day. Another.. Do it in chronological order. These 2 things worked for me, I am not saying it'll work for everyone. But for me reading the Bible in order just seemed like the normal thing to do since that's how we read most books. We want a story to unfold, we know stories of the Bible & can't wait to get to them & see what events led up to them. And by starting in October, it did not feel like a New Years resolution that I never keep. 

Back to this year being life changing. I mean it. My walk with God has dramatically improved. And I can tell you one reason why. I was in the Word almost every day. Yes, that does mean I may have skipped a day or 2 or I was wrapped up in a Bible Study that day, or I was on vacation. But I didn't let myself get behind. I made God's Word a priority in my life. 
Do you make God's Word a priority in your life? Have you read the Bible in a year? Have you done it more than once? What do you do to stay motivated to stay in the Word? 

I love to know others advice when it comes to being in God's Word. God loves us SO much & to honor & love Him we should be dedicated to spending time in His Truth daily. Even if it's ONE VERSE. ONE VERSE!! Meditating over it, soaking it in, LIVING off of what it says!! 

This next year I am trying to think of ways for my personal one & one time with God, not just bible studies.. But digging deeper in the Word. What am I going to do next? Divulge in each book, studying it, memorizing, reading commentaries.. I am not quite sure yet. But I do know that I am not going to put my Bible down. I want to know God even more now. 

His Word leaves me hungry for more. 
**Looking for some encouragement from others? Sign up to be a pen pal! Click HERE**  

2 comments:

  1. So proud of and inspired by you! It took me over 20 years after becoming a Christian to read the entire Bible. You are a gift to me and I am so thankful that God brought you into my life. I so enjoy studying the Bible with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yay! October 13th is my birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete