Saturday, April 6, 2013

{DIY} Canvas Wall Art


*this idea is not my own...I am guilty of seeing this sort of craft on Pinterest. Pretty much daily.*
I decided to recreate or mimic the idea for my own home. I shared this post on my personal blog and thought it would be fun to share with you. Mothers Day is coming up and this would be a fun gift for Mom. Or perhaps Teacher Appreciation...which is in May.
Here's how I completed this incredibly time consuming craft project.  
Supplies Needed:
Canvas
Ruler
Painters Tape
Scissors
Monogram
Acrylic Paint
Sponge brush
Hotglue or any adhesive of your choice (not pictured)
Patience....

measured out my 12x12 canvas into 2x2 squares

placed my painters tape in a V shape at the point of each square to create the chevron pattern I was looking to achieve
It did get a little harder as I went along. But I still measured out each area and kept the same amount of spacing in between each arch
 I mixed two colors to achieve the desired color.
Painted the canvas using a sponge brush. Painters table bubbled a little bit so I had to go back with a steady hand and repaint clean lines. *whomp*
Allow paint to dry a couple hours.
Attach your Monogram with adhesive of your choice. I used Hot glue because I am impatient.

I am currently working on a whole wall where this art piece is displayed. I can not wait to share with you the finished project. For now, you get just this project. *wink* what a tease right?








3 comments:

  1. That is really an attractive canvas wall art, and easy to making, great work, keep it up..

    http://canvasprintingideas.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for a DIY canvas making tutorial and suddenly come across this post, you did really great, this canvas wall art is looking very nice. Thank for sharing..

    Canvas Art looks great for interior

    ReplyDelete