Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fruits of the Spirit {Series} Peace

 

Galatians 5:22-23 New International Version (NIV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

 
Loves! We are almost done with the Fruits of the Spirit series. We only have a few more traits to cover. I shared with you Self-Control, Faithfulness, Goodness, and Kindness. Today we will cover PEACE.

When I think of Peace...Can hear the Gaithers singing Peace like the River. "I got peace like a river, Flowin' deep in my life, I got peace like a river And you know it feels so right". When I think of Peace...I think of the Prince of Peace. Which is what we call our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. When I think of Peace...I think of my soul and heart at rest.

Learning to practice the Fruit of Peace...I feel is, having peace with yourself, your brother and sisters and peace with God.

Peace within one self: Brother or Sister, you have taken the step to accept Christ as your Savior. All you have done. and will do..is forgiven. Be at peace with yourself. YOUR GOD IS GREATER THEN ANY SIN YOU HAVE COMMITTED.
John 14:27 (NIV) 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Peace with our fellow Brothers and Sisters: Living life not holding a grudge. Walking in harmony with those we encounter. This is a biggie. I struggle with this myself. A crazy driver cuts me off on the road...immediately I am not a very nice person. A definite struggle with a peaceful attitude.
James 3:18 (NIV)18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

Peace within God: TRUST HIM!
Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV) 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Living without peace will only lead us to down fall. Why would we do that when we know all that God has promised us. I do not want the Lord to be disappointed in me when he returns. What say you? Can we STRIVE to live in Peace?
I leave you with this scripture.


1 Thessalonians 5:23 New International Version (NIV)
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.










No comments:

Post a Comment