Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Standing Still

Do you ever have those days where you feel insignificant? Like what you are doing with your life isn't enough? It can be overwhelming. I know my main priority in this world right now is my children, but when they are all grown will I look back and have regrets for not doing enough? Am I really doing what I'm called to do? How to we even know what our calling is?

I feel like something is missing. There are no big goals being accomplished. Motherhood is putting all those things on the back burner. I feel like I'm at a stand still. God are you there? I need you right now. I need direction.

John Bevere said it best. When you think God isn't speaking, HE is. He's telling us to stay where we are and keep doing what we're doing.

Sometimes when God is quiet, He's speaking the loudest. We don't always have to be changing and rearranging. It's ok to stay where we're at for a while. There is purpose in the stand still. It can be a time that we're going neither forward nor backwards. In these stand still times, God can change our hearts and mature us for what is to come.

In these periods of time, we can simply just focus on God's love and find peace in it. Seek His face and know He is still there in the midst of the silence.

Sometimes in the silence is where you find direction.

Just stay where you are. It's ok. Just stay and seek His face.

It's like I'm standing in the middle of a tornado. My balance is solid. The world is slowly flying by me as I stare at objects whirling across my face. I don't move. I trust that in the midst of the rushing wind, He will protect me. Stay still He says. I have plans for you but don't take a step yet. It's not the right time and you will get hurt. There is beauty where you are. You just have to see it like I see it.


Instead of worrying what your next move in life will be, just sit back and watch God move.

God will tell you to when to move, so as for me. I'm trusting Him in the stand still and I'm ok with it.

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about this lately. Have a post in the works for tomorrow, actually. Going to reference this :)

    ReplyDelete