Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Have You Been Freed?




I am so thankful to God that I am not the person I used to be. I became a servant and He truly did free me of my chains. I am no longer bound by the things of the past. The Lord has made me new! Praise God! Without Him, I'd be caught up in sin and walking down the right. I am thankful for forgiveness and grace. Without Him I don't know where I'd be today. I wouldn't have married my husband, I wouldn't have my kids or the life I live now with them.

It's crazy to know that God always has a plan and He knows what's best for our lives. Growing up and in high school I never thought I would grow up, give my life to Jesus, get married and start a family. Yeah, I always wanted to get married and have kids but living a life fully for God was never in my plans.

I was filling the hole in my heart with all the wrong things.

It wasn't until one exact moment that really changed everything for me. I had just graduated high school and I was dealing with a hard situation.... driving down the country road that I drove everyday to and from my house and crying like no tomorrow, I cried out to God.

"God, if you're there and if you're real...please let me know everything is going to be ok. Just show me some sign that it's going to be ok!"

Then I heard Him.

"Don't you know that I will always take care of you?"

I looked around the car. I thought someone was in my car and said that! I pulled over and cried and tried to figure out what I had just heard.

IT WAS GOD! He has answered me. He showed Himself to me and answered my prayer.

It was that exact moment that my life was going to change. I really believed God and that He was going to make everything ok. I really had faith that he was real and not just some plastic Jesus. HE was there! He was real! I heard Him for the first time.

Since that moment, my life had changed little by little. I became a better person. I wasn't selfish and high maintenance. I loved Jesus. I wanted to know everything about Him.

Here I am 8 years later and I couldn't have made a better choice. Yes, I grew up in a Christian school, went to church occasionally with friends but I was never serving Him. I always questioned if He was real and if people were wasting their time.

I'm here today to tell you that if you just have faith, He will free you of any situation you're in. He can completely transform the person you are into the best YOU you can be!

My chains were broken! I gained self confidence, I knew I was loved. I wasn't feeling the hole in my heart with worldly things.

In my persuit to fill the void, I was just looking for the King.

When I found Him, He welcomed me with open arms. I was finally where I should've been the whole time.

One thing you should know is that no matter what you've done...He always forgives and he erases our pasts! He also heals wounds and erases guilt and shame!

Praise God!

So, HAVE YOU BEEN FREED?

No comments:

Post a Comment