Friday, March 1, 2013

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats

Hello all!

I'm kind of excited that my day to post happens to be on Friday!  It's kind of like I get to send you off into the weekend!

So a little fact about me... I am really not a cook.  I really do wish I loved to cook (since I have to make dinner every night regardless) but it really just feels like a chore to me.  Baking however, now that I like to do!  And the best part is, my 3 year old son loves to make treats with me!  I have been promising him all day that we could make Rice Crispy treats together so I thought I would share it with you.  Another fact about me: My weekness (besides cookies & coffee), is anything with peanut butter and chocolate!  So our Rice Crispies naturally had to be of the PB&C variety!
*Since I am not a natural cook I depend on pictures with recipes to make sure I'm somewhat on track so I'll include mine!

Recipe:
6 T unsalted butter
7 C mini marshmallows
1 C creamy peanut butter
6 C Rice Crispy cereal
1 heaping C chocolate chips (you can use more, that's all I had!)

Step 1
Melt butter and marshmallows on the stove over medium heat stirring frequently

Step 2
Once marshmallows are mostly melted, stir in your peanut butter

 Confession - I could have stopped at this point and just eaten the mixture out of the pot... 
it looked a-mazing!!

Step 3
Stir in the Rice Crispies and chocolate chips

Step 4
Spread the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan

Step 5 - Enjoy! 
*Tip - I stuck my pan in the refridgerator for a while so they'd be ready to enjoy sooner!  We like our's cooled because they are a little easier to cut.  You can eat them warm if you want them to be gooey but they are harder to get out of the pan in one piece!



Have a great weekend!
-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment