Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Women Of Faith {San Jose}

A couple weekends past I had the opportunity to attend a
This was my second experience with a WOF event.
I was overly excited about what was in store.
What messages were going to be heard, what merchandise was going to be available
(cause we know they have the BEST stuff for Christian Women right? YES!)
Tifanny and I decided to go together. What better way to hear Gods word then with a girlfriend.
Plus a slumber party in a hotel...um yes please!
 
 
The line up for the conference was:
Shelia Walsh
Holly Wagner
The Money Couple
Selah
Hope Darst
 
Each speaker/singer were on the stage multiple times throughout the day.
I wont go into full detail about the whole conference...
because I ENCOURAGE YOU to try and go to one yourself.
Some key points that stood out to me during the conference were;
 
Holly Wagner:
Proverbs 31:15-17 NIV
15 She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. 16 She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. 17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.  
 
(V15) She gets up while it is still dark...Darkness meaning...evil. She rises in the midst of the darkness, trails, evil, setbacks, death, loss, financial strain, divorce...and she provides for her family. Providing an example of a Godly woman. I never looked at the verse that way. I am very black and white when it comes to stuff and of course naturally I saw it as "she rises before the sun comes up". Um hello...Tiffany and I looked at each other like "THAT WAS GOOD!"
 
Live a life that is worthy of being followed.
 
Shelia Walsh:
"Peace is not the absence of trouble, it is the presence of Christ."
Shelia talked about finding Peace in the Father (God) in the midst of the storm. She touched on some verses during her lesson. (John 14:27) Peace of Mind (John 16:33) Peace in HIM (2 COR 1:20) Christs promises with a resounding YES. (Mark 4:35) Christ spoke to the "Storm" and it stopped. He can calm the storms in your life if you lay it at his feet.
 
Shelia's lesson and singing were phenomenal! Going back over my notes again today I as share with you gets me so excited for the next WOF Conference in October 2013.
 
 
The singing and speakers were great.
Tiffany and I did some shopping and walked away with a couple new reads.
We both picked up a couple books by Holly Wagner.
 (I am sure either one of us will talk about those in the future)
 
The whole experience was a blast.
The drive, the chit chat, the 4 hours of sleep, the 30mph wind from car to church,
the No U turns in the town of San Jose, the crazy merging lanes, finding out NO Taco Bell near us was open LATE...but I will tell you what was not fun...I will leave you with a jaw dropping photo....
 
 
These Starbucks hours on a Saturday at 5pm!
We stood there in shock..."is this REAL LIFE?"
HA!
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment