Sunday, March 31, 2013

Resurrection Rolls

HAPPY EASTER!! I am SO entirely thrilled to give you to my sister for the day. She is a young woman, a whole whopping 18 years old that has the biggest heart for Christ. She has been SUCH an inspiration to me throughout my walk with Christ. 
 
I will hand it over to her now :)  
 
My name is Taylar (I am the one on the left)! I am Tiffany's (bride) little sister! I really wanted to share this idea on the blog that I found on Pinterest... so here it goes and I hope you enjoy!!! :]
 
 

With it being Easter, this is an opportunity for you and your family to start a new tradition! These are called Resurrection Rolls!! Each ingredient represents something used to prepare Christs body for burial!

Resurrection Rolls

-Large Marshmallows
-Melted Butter (less than 1/2 a stick)
-A Mixture of Cinnamon and Sugar
-A Can of refrigerated Crescent Rolls

  1. First open the can of crescent rolls and separate them into triangles. (This represents the linen for covering the dead)
  2. Dip and roll one marshmallow representing Christ's body) into the melted butter(The butter represents the oil used for anointing the dead body)
  3. Then roll the marshmallow into the cinnamon and sugar mixture (The mixture represents the spices used in preparing the body for burial)
  4. Place the marshmallow in the center of one triangle. Fold the crescent around the marshmallow and tightly pinch the edges together leaving no openings. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
  5. place the tray in the oven (which represents the tomb)  and bake according to the package directions. Close the "tomb" and wait...
... when it is time to open the "tomb" the marshmallow has disappeared!! When cooking the marshmallow melts away and all remaining is the puffed crescent roll, just like Christ rose from the dead, all that remained was the linen burial wrappings.

I have had these a couple times and they are both tasty and teach about Christ rising again!!! :] Have a wonderful Easter celebrating how our savior died just for us and rose again! Our wonderful King died for us... what a huge blessing to know that we are saved from sin and are forgiven time and time again!! :]


~Taylar

No comments:

Post a Comment